It's a takeout fake out!
Clinton Kelly's General Tso's Chicken
- For Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound broccoli (blanched)
- For Chicken:
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless (skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- For Side:
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- For Garnish:
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced greens only)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Prepare rice as per instructions on the package and blanch broccoli.
- Begin sauce in large bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Add garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch, salt and pepper together until combined. Add chicken and already blanched broccoli and toss until coated.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil. Shake excess coating off the chicken and cook in batches until golden, 4-6 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Plate with rice. Add scallions and sesame seeds for garnish.