Pear Crunch Pie
This pie is a favorite of Clinton's and soon it will be one of yours as well.
- step-by-step directions
Pear Crunch Pie
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- hearty pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup pear juice (not pear nectar)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
- dash of vanilla extract
- 6 slices canned pear
- cinnamon, for dusting
- For Crust:
- Combine all ingredients and bake at 350°F on cookie sheet until golden brown (about 40-45 minutes). Check frequently to prevent edges from burning. Allow to cool then press into a pie plate, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Crust should be crumbly when complete.
- For Filling:
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. In large bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add heated mixture to eggs, little by little to temper the eggs. Once eggs are tempered, transfer mixture back to saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and return to a boil (approximately 1 minute). Pour warm mixture into prepared pie shell and chill in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, whip heavy cream with a teaspoon of confectioner's sugar until medium stiff peaks form. Whip in the vanilla extract. Dollop onto sliced pie when ready to serve. Top with 6 pear slices and dust with cinnamon.
- If pears aren’t ripe enough, use canned pears or poach pears in a simple syrup of equal parts sugar & water.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Peaches Courses & Meals Desserts Pies & Tarts Holidays & Occasions Christmas Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Desserts
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Black Bean Dip with Spiced Pita Chips
Roasted Pickled Pepper Hero
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes