Start your day off right with these muffins.
Daphne Oz's Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 Cup dried cranberries (no sugar added)
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin wrappers. Beat butter and honey until light.
- To mixture, add egg, yogurt, and orange zest and stir to combine. Sift dry ingredients together, and add wheat germ. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mix until combined, be careful not to over mix. Fold in dry cranberries. Pour into muffin tins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- FOR THE GIFT JAR: In an air-tight jar, layer: baking powder, baking soda, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, salt, dried cranberries.
- To jar affix instructions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, dump contents of jar. Stir to mix together. In a separate large bowl, beat butter and honey together. Mix in egg, yogurt, orange zest. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Pour into prepared muffin tins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.