The perfect homemade gift!
Daphne Oz's Pear Jam
- 4 pound Ripe Pears (peeled and quartered)
- 3 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 lemons (seeds removed and very thinly sliced)
- 4 cup water
- pinch of cinnamon
- Make simple syrup with half the sugar and water in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced lemons and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add pears and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add remaining sugar and water and the cinnamon and cook over low heat until pears are transparent and syrup is thick.
- Take the lemons out and puree the mixture.