An almost healthy holiday tart.
Daphne Oz's Ricotta, Chocolate, Honey and Pine Nut Tart
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 4 tablespoon butter
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 3 ounce dark chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cup ricotta
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- mint for garnish
- FOR THE CRUST: Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, combine the pine nuts, flour and wheat germ. Pulse until smooth, then pulse to cut in butter, to achieve a crumbly dough. It will be very dry and loose. Press the dough firmly into a 11" tar ring with removable bottom and blind bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust is dry and beginning to take on color. Set aside to cool completely before removing tart ring.
- FOR THE FILLING: While the tart shell is cool, melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta, honey, and melted chocolate. Pour mixture into the cooled tart crust. Top with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves to serve.