Treat yourself to this decadent treat!
Geoffrey Zakarian's Deep Dark Chocolate Pudding
2 cup Heavy Cream
6 ounce Bittersweet Chocolate (Chopped)
2 ounce Bittersweet Chocolate Shaved for Garnish (58-61% chocolate content)
1 tablespoon Coffee Liqueur
1 1/2 cup Whipped Cream for Garnish
- Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and lightly whisk to break them up.
- Place the cream and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat and melt, whisking constantly.
- Gradually whisk the cream-chocolate mixture into the egg yolks,
- initially adding no more than a 1/4 cup at time. Pour the pudding
- mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring
- constantly, until the mixture coats a spoon, about 5 minutes. (Lift the
- spoon out of the pudding and draw your finger across the back; if the
- line drawn by your finger remains, the pudding is ready.)
- Add the coffee liqueur.
- Pour the pudding through a fine sieve into a medium serving bowl.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cover with plastic wrap and chill (or
- leave plastic wrap off to form a skin). Once chilled, serve with
- lightly whipped cream and lots of shaved chocolate.