Don't let the winter get you down. Cheer up with this delicious dish.
Roasted Leg of Lamb Provencal Style
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leg of lamb (with bone approximately 4 1/2 pounds)
- Pound together the salt and one clove of garlic in a mortar and pestle. Add herbs and pepper and pound to a paste. Mix in the white wine and olive oil.
- Trim the leg of lamb of all skin and excess fat. Rub leg with the marinade, wrap in plastic and leave for an hour to allow the meat to absorb the flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Put the lamb in a roasting pan and place into the oven for 20 minutes, turn over and cook for another 20 minutes before pulling out of the oven to rest, covered, for a further 10 minutes with aluminum foil. Serve.