Check out this secret family recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- FOR THE ICING
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 cup powdered sugar or more
- FOR THE COOKIES: Heat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheets.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add vanilla and sour cream. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the orange juice concentrate and 2 tablespoons of the orange zest.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 minutes.
- Place cookies on wire racks to cool. Ice them when they are cool.
- FOR THE ICING: Mix together remaining ingredients. You may have to alter the amount of powdered sugar to make icing the right consistency.
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls