Check out this secret family recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- FOR THE ICING
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 cup powdered sugar or more
- FOR THE COOKIES: Heat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheets.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add vanilla and sour cream. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the orange juice concentrate and 2 tablespoons of the orange zest.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 minutes.
- Place cookies on wire racks to cool. Ice them when they are cool.
- FOR THE ICING: Mix together remaining ingredients. You may have to alter the amount of powdered sugar to make icing the right consistency.
rate this recipe
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue
Eggplant Lasagna Chips and Dip
Cucumber Tea Sammie
Chicken Soup with Orzo and Spinach