Check out this secret family recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- FOR THE ICING
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 cup powdered sugar or more
- FOR THE COOKIES: Heat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheets.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add vanilla and sour cream. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the orange juice concentrate and 2 tablespoons of the orange zest.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 minutes.
- Place cookies on wire racks to cool. Ice them when they are cool.
- FOR THE ICING: Mix together remaining ingredients. You may have to alter the amount of powdered sugar to make icing the right consistency.
rate this recipe
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Banana Cream Pie
Spring Three Bean Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)