A tasty Italian treat!
Mario Batali's Neci con Ricotta
- 1/2 cup Chestnut Flour
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil or butter (for pan)
- Honey (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the two flours in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking to combine. Add the milk bit by bit and whisk to combine until all the milk is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the batter to stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat a 6-inch nonstick pan over high heat until hot and brush with the olive oil. Turn the heat down to medium and pour 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter into the pan. Cook until pale golden on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and cook just 5 or 10 seconds on the second side. Remove and set aside. Continue the process until all the batter has been used.
- Arrange the crispella in a baking dish so that none overlap, and place 3 tablespoons of ricotta into each. Bake for 5 minutes, then carefully fold over and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven, plate and drizzle each with honey, and serve warm.