A perfectly delicious vegetable!
Mario Batali's Portobello and Shitake Mushrooms
- 8 cups mushrooms (mixture of portobello and shiitake)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 shallot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mortadella (diced)
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms along with garlic, mortadella, thyme and shallots. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add marsala to pan and cook mushrooms for 8 - 10 mins.
- Serve with Capon.