Try cooking up Mario Batali's amazing waffle cookies that also make great ice cream cones!
Thin Waffle Cookies
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 additional egg (optional)
- 1/4 cup amaretto (optional)
- 1/4 cup additional flour (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and oil and combine thoroughly. Add the flour, baking powder, fennel seeds, and the optional ingredients if desired, and mix well to form a homogeneous batter. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the pizzelle iron until very hot. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto the iron, close it, and return to heat. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is used.