This dish is perfect for your daily dinner or a special holiday celebration!
Chicken and Sausage with Couscous
- 3 boneless and skin-on chicken breasts (halved)
- 5 oz cured Chorizo sausage (sliced)
- 1 12 oz can San Marzano chopped tomatoes
- 2 cup couscous
- 1/2 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups boiling water (seasoned)
- 1/4 cup water (to deglaze)
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt on both sides and add to pan, skin side down. Brown for 1 minute, then add the sausage and flip the chicken breasts. Once the sausage is browns add the onions and garlic. Deglaze the pan with water, then add the tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over couscous and cover bowl with plastic wrap, then let steep for 3 minutes. Add parsley, red wine vinegar, black pepper and a little olive oil and fluff with a fork.
- Serve chicken and sauce over couscous with a drizzle of olive oil.