A tasty casserole.
Matzo crackers soaked in 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Golden Raisins
3/4 cup Almonds (crushed)
2 Granny Smith Apples (shredded)
1/2 cup Orange Juice
4 tablespoon Melted Butter
1 cup Sher
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soak Matzo crackers in water for 10 minutes. Remove from water and ring out excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add sherry and raisins. Cook for 3-5 minutes until raisins have absorbed the wine and become plump. When raisins are done remove from sherry and reserve until needed.
- Whisk together the matzo and the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, the salt, the cinnamon and the almonds.
- Fold in the apples, raisins, melted butter and orange juice. Pour into a greased baking dish. Cook in a water bath for 45 minutes until set.
- Halfway through the cooking remove the pan from the oven and spread apricot jam on top. Return to oven and cook for remaining 25 minutes.