This Jewish food favorite is sure to be welcome at any holiday table.
- step-by-step directions
- 4 matzo crackers soaked in 1/2 cup water
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup almonds, crushed
- 2 granny smith apples, shredded
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak Matzo crackers in water for 10 minutes. Remove from water and ring out excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add sherry and raisins. Cook for 3-5 minutes until raisins have absorbed the wine and become plump. When raisins are done remove from sherry and reserve until needed.
- Whisk together the matzo and the eggs in a large bowl. Add the maple syrup and the salt, the cinnamon and the almonds. Fold in the apples, raisins, melted butter and orange juice. Pour into a greased baking dish. Cook in a water bath for 45 minutes until set. Halfway through the cooking remove the pan from the oven and spread apricot jam on top. Return to oven and cook for remaining 25 minutes.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal