This Jewish food favorite is sure to be welcome at any holiday table.
- step-by-step directions
- 4 matzo crackers soaked in 1/2 cup water
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup almonds, crushed
- 2 granny smith apples, shredded
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Soak Matzo crackers in water for 10 minutes. Remove from water and ring out excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add sherry and raisins. Cook for 3-5 minutes until raisins have absorbed the wine and become plump. When raisins are done remove from sherry and reserve until needed.
- Whisk together the matzo and the eggs in a large bowl. Add the maple syrup and the salt, the cinnamon and the almonds. Fold in the apples, raisins, melted butter and orange juice. Pour into a greased baking dish. Cook in a water bath for 45 minutes until set. Halfway through the cooking remove the pan from the oven and spread apricot jam on top. Return to oven and cook for remaining 25 minutes.
The Sweet and Spicy Burger
Grilled Chicken with Mango BBQ Sauce
Fried Salami Provolone-Stuffed Hot Dog
Quick Caprese Salad
Cherry Upside-Down Cake
Hazelnut-Crusted Swordfish Picatta with Charred Romano Beans
Spicy Peanut Grilled Chicken
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings