Meat Phyllo Pies
Flaky pastry filled with a savory seasoned beef mixture.
- step-by-step directions
Meat Phyllo Pies
- 3 tablspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion (minced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/2 cup Dill (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 cups Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 4 Sheets Phyllo Dough
- 6 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sweat onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add toasted pine nuts and chili flake and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in dill, then set aside and let cool.
- Brown 2 cups ground beef with 1/2 teaspppn cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, and a 1/4 teaspoon cumin, salt liberally.
- Let cool and mix with 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, the zest of 1 orange, and the base mixture.
- Cut phyllo in half long ways and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Brush piece of phyllo with butter and lay out long ways in front of you.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture at the end closest to you and fold in half long ways. Begin folding into triangle brushing with butter after each fold.
- Repeat with
remainder of dough.
- Bake on an ungreased sheet pan for 10 to 12 minutes.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw