Meat Phyllo Pies
Flaky pastry filled with a savory seasoned beef mixture.
- step-by-step directions
Meat Phyllo Pies
- 3 tablspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion (minced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/2 cup Dill (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 cups Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 4 Sheets Phyllo Dough
- 6 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sweat onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add toasted pine nuts and chili flake and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in dill, then set aside and let cool.
- Brown 2 cups ground beef with 1/2 teaspppn cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, and a 1/4 teaspoon cumin, salt liberally.
- Let cool and mix with 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, the zest of 1 orange, and the base mixture.
- Cut phyllo in half long ways and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Brush piece of phyllo with butter and lay out long ways in front of you.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture at the end closest to you and fold in half long ways. Begin folding into triangle brushing with butter after each fold.
- Repeat with
remainder of dough.
- Bake on an ungreased sheet pan for 10 to 12 minutes.
The Garibaldi Wallbanger
Swiss Chard and Ricotta Bruschetta
Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice