Flaky pastry filled with a savory seasoned beef mixture.
Meat Phyllo Pies
- 3 tablspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion (minced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/2 cup Dill (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 cups Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 4 Sheets Phyllo Dough
- 6 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sweat onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add toasted pine nuts and chili flake and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in dill, then set aside and let cool.
- Brown 2 cups ground beef with 1/2 teaspppn cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, and a 1/4 teaspoon cumin, salt liberally.
- Let cool and mix with 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, the zest of 1 orange, and the base mixture.
- Cut phyllo in half long ways and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Brush piece of phyllo with butter and lay out long ways in front of you.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture at the end closest to you and fold in half long ways. Begin folding into triangle brushing with butter after each fold.
- Repeat with
remainder of dough.
- Bake on an ungreased sheet pan for 10 to 12 minutes.