Another classic dish from Michael that can be made in five minutes or less and costs less than $5.
- 1 pound Cube Steak
- 1/2 pound Cremini Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 pound Arugula (lightly dressed in olive oil)
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Flour (for dredging)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season steak liberally with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Add steak to pan and brown for 2 minutes, and flip to brown other side.
- Add the onions, garlic, mushrooms and thyme. Season with salt and saute. Deglaze the pan with the red wine, and reduce by half. Whisk in the butter and remove from heat.
- Put arugula in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Serve steak with arugula on the side.