A tasty fried shrimp recipe!
Coconut Shrimp with Orange Dipping Sauce
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 24 large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Rum (if desired)
- In a large bowl, combine coconut and bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumb mixture into 3 separate bowls.
- Dredge the shrimp in flour and shake off excess. Next, dip the shrimp thoroughly in the egg and rub against the side of the bowl to lightly remove excess. Finally, coat the shrimp thoroughly with the bread crumb mixture. Lay out the shrimp so they do not touch on a parchment-lined baking sheet or platter until ready to fry.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat several inches of oil to 350 degrees F. Fry the shrimp in batches until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Be careful not to overcrowd shrimp in the oil while frying. Drain on paper towels.
- For the Dipping Sauce: Heat the marmalade in a small saucepan over low heat. Thin with rum as desired.