Who doesn't love homemade fudge? This recipe is impossible to resist.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 cups toasted mixed nuts and/or dried fruits
- 1 pound good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pats)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract and/or strongly brewed espresso or liqueur
- Line an 8"x8" pan with two strips of parchment paper the width of the pan with at least 3" of overhang on each side.
- In a glass bowl, mix chocolate, butter, milk and salt. Place bowl over double boiler with simmering water. Stir until chocolate is smooth, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat, dry bottom of bowl, and stir in extract, coffee or liqueur. Fold in nuts/dried fruit of choice. Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth with spoon or offset spatula.
- Chill in fridge until set, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut fudge into desired size with a sharp knife. After each cut, wipe knife with a damp paper towel. Enjoy!
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami