Who doesn't love homemade fudge? This recipe is impossible to resist.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 cups toasted mixed nuts and/or dried fruits
- 1 pound good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pats)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract and/or strongly brewed espresso or liqueur
- Line an 8"x8" pan with two strips of parchment paper the width of the pan with at least 3" of overhang on each side.
- In a glass bowl, mix chocolate, butter, milk and salt. Place bowl over double boiler with simmering water. Stir until chocolate is smooth, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat, dry bottom of bowl, and stir in extract, coffee or liqueur. Fold in nuts/dried fruit of choice. Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth with spoon or offset spatula.
- Chill in fridge until set, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut fudge into desired size with a sharp knife. After each cut, wipe knife with a damp paper towel. Enjoy!
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal