Who doesn't love homemade fudge? This recipe is impossible to resist.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 cups toasted mixed nuts and/or dried fruits
- 1 pound good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pats)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract and/or strongly brewed espresso or liqueur
- Line an 8"x8" pan with two strips of parchment paper the width of the pan with at least 3" of overhang on each side.
- In a glass bowl, mix chocolate, butter, milk and salt. Place bowl over double boiler with simmering water. Stir until chocolate is smooth, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat, dry bottom of bowl, and stir in extract, coffee or liqueur. Fold in nuts/dried fruit of choice. Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth with spoon or offset spatula.
- Chill in fridge until set, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut fudge into desired size with a sharp knife. After each cut, wipe knife with a damp paper towel. Enjoy!
The Garibaldi Wallbanger
Swiss Chard and Ricotta Bruschetta
Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice