French Toast Reinvented
The Chew's Honey Nut Cheerios?? French Toast
- 3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios® (plus more to garnish)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 French Bread (1 inch thick slices on a bias)
- Warm Maple Syrup to serve
- Combine the Honey Nut Cheerios®, eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and salt in a blender. Puree to until smooth.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Shingle the slices of bread into the prepared dish and pour the pureed mixture over top. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in the fridge to rest for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove dish from fridge 45 minutes prior to baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove foil from dish and bake for 30 minutes. Check to make sure the bread is not becoming too dark in color, if so cover with foil. Continue to bake for 15 more minutes or until fluffy and golden. Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with a garnish of Honey Nut Cheerios® and warm syrup.