The perfect pie for any celebration!
Carla Hall's Hundred Blueberry Pie
- store bought pie crust (2 per package)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 100 frozen or fresh blueberries
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and zest, blueberries and salt and mix. Put filling mixture into pie crust (which has been rolled out and placed in a pie baking dish.
- Roll out second pie crust and cut into ribbons. Use the ribbons to create a basket weave design on top of the pie.
- In a small bowl mix the egg and water together. Brush egg wash mixture on top of the pie and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in oven for 45min to 1 hour.