The perfect pie for any celebration!
Carla Hall's Hundred Blueberry Pie
- 1 box store-bought pie crust (2 per package)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 100 frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- On a lightly floured work surface, lightly roll out one pie dough to fit inside the pie dish. Place into the dish and lightly press into the sides and the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, zest, blueberries and a pinch of salt. Mix to combine. Pour into prepared pie dish with the bottom crust.
- Roll out the second pie crust to fit the pie dish. Cut dough into 1/2-inch ribbons. Use the ribbons to create a basket weave or lattice design on top of the pie. Press the edges of the pie together. Cut off excess dough around the edges if necessary.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and water together. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on top of the pie and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place pie in the oven to bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.