Star David Alan Grier shares one of his favorite recipes with the crew. Try it for yourself.
David Alan Grier's Ice Cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 7 Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 cups Half-and-Half
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 2 Frozen Dark Chocolate Bars (Crumbled)
- For Vanilla Ice Cream: In a large bowl, mix egg yolks, salt, vanilla and sugar.
- In a pot over medium-high heat, scald half-and-half and add to bowl and let that cool.
- Put in freezer until the edges of the custard start to freeze.
- Put custard in ice cream machine for 40 minutes or until its ready.
- Let custard harden in the freezer overnight.
- For Chocolate Ice Cream: Add a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to the egg yolks mixture in step one.
- Add crumbled frozen dark chocolate bars to custard before freezing it overnight.