Dig into this tasty treat!
Daphne Oz's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Sandwich
- 1 1/4 cups Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour plus more for rolling
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 gallon Chocolate Ice Cream (slightly softened)
- sprinkles for decorating
- melted chocolate for decorating
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Once whipped and creamy begin add one egg at a time while continuing to beat. When the eggs are fully incorporated beat in milk, vanilla and molasses to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in three additions stirring just until combine. Turn dough out onto plastic wrap. Press into a disc and cover with plastic. Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and lightly flour your work surface and rolling pin. Unwrap dough and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies using your favorite cookie cutters. Transfer cut out cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment, and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Using a spoon or a small offset spatula, scoop ice cream onto a cookie (working one at a time), spread evenly and then top with the same shaped cookie. Place on a baking sheet and return to a freezer. Once ice cream is firm remove and decorate with sprinkles and chocolate.