This sandwich has it all!
Mario Batali's Italian Sub
- 3/4 pound Coppa (sliced thin)
- 3/4 pound Mortadella (sliced thin)
- 3/4 pound Fontina Val d'Aosta (sliced thin)
- 2 cups Shredded Arugula
- Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (to taste)
- Marinated Red Onions (sliced and added to taste)
- 1/2 cup Prepared Pesto
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Crunchy Sub Rolls
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Cut crunchy sub roll in half.
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise and spread pesto mayo on each half liberally.
- Add meats and cheese to bottom half.
- Toss arugula with olive oil, and vinegar. Add the dressed arugula and marinated red onions on top of meats and cheese. Garnish with salt and pepper. Place top half on bottom half. Cut and serve