This new take on a lunch classic is worth a try!
Italian Tuna Salad
- 2 cans High Quality Canned Tuna (packed in Olive Oil)
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cored and then seeded and diced)
- 1 Apple (cored and diced)
- 2 ribs Celery (diced)
- 4 Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Green Olives (sliced)
- 1/2 bunch Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 10 slices Whole Grain Bread
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Open the tuna, drain the oil.
- Combine the tuna, red onion, red bell pepper, apple, celery, scallions, garlic, green olives and flat leaf parsley and toss together in a large bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl and pour over the tuna and vegetable mixture, and toss until just combined. Serve on whole grain bread.