Great for a crowd!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled, deveined and tails removed)
- 1 pound andouille sausage (sliced into 1/4-inch rounds)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups white onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1 cup celery (finely diced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 large jalapeno (seeded, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes (15-ounces, crushed with your hands)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1/2 cup scallions (root end removed, finely sliced)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Hot sauce, to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together smoked paprika and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add chicken and season with 1 tablespoon of paprika mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. In another medium bowl, add shrimp and season with 1 tablespoon of paprika mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Place seasoned shrimp in refrigerator.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the bottom of pan along with the sausage. Sear the sausage until it is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove sausage to a plate and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the Dutch oven, add chicken and sear on all sides. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the Dutch oven, onion, celery, bell pepper and a large pinch of salt. Stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno to onion mixture and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add remainder of paprika mixture, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, chicken stock, Worcestershire and rice, stirring to combine. Add the sausage and chicken back to the pot. Stir in the bay leaves. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove shrimp from refrigerator.
- After 12 minutes, remove the lid and stir gently. Fold in shrimp, turn the heat off, cover with lid and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves and discard. Add scallions, lemon juice and re-season to taste.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and garnish with your favorite hot sauce.
- Tip: A vegetarian, you say? Swap out the protein for your favorite vegetable medley!
Split Pea Soup
Cashew Chicken and Bok Choy
Mediterranean Potato Pancake
Speedy Huevos Rancheros
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger