Eggs Benedict get a sophisticated lift from the addition of succulent King Crab Legs.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds King Crab Legs
- 1 pound Butter
For the Eggs:
- 6 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
For the Jalapeno Hollandaise:
- 1 cup Melted Butter (from crab poaching)
- 4 Egg Yolks (room temperature)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 Pickled Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves (optional)
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Hot Sauce
- 3 English Muffins (split and lightly toasted)
- Hot Sauce
- Heat butter in a saute pan over medium-low heat until melted and warm. Place crab meat in the butter to poach for 3 minutes.
- Once muffins are toasted drizzle with some of the melted crab butter. Serve crab stacked on top of a toasted English muffin with a poached egg, freshly cracked black pepper and a drizzle of jalapeno hollandaise. Garnish with hot sauce.
- For the Eggs: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add white vinegar. Reduce to a light simmer. Line a plate with paper towels. Crack one egg at a time into a bowl and slide into the water. Do not over crowd the pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and remove to the prepared plate with a slotted spoon.
- For the Jalapeno Hollandaise: In a bowl over a double boiler, whisk the egg yolks, hot sauce, jalapeno, pickled jalapeno and lime juice for 4 to 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. Once the mixture is ribbony and can coat the back of a spoon, drizzle in the melted crab butter, whisking continuously. Stir in some chopped cilantro and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Lobster & Crab Eggs Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Poached Eggs Holidays & Occasions Easter
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs