Eggs Benedict get a sophisticated lift from the addition of succulent King Crab Legs.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds King Crab Legs
- 1 pound Butter
For the Eggs:
- 6 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
For the Jalapeno Hollandaise:
- 1 cup Melted Butter (from crab poaching)
- 4 Egg Yolks (room temperature)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 Pickled Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves (optional)
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Hot Sauce
- 3 English Muffins (split and lightly toasted)
- Hot Sauce
- Heat butter in a saute pan over medium-low heat until melted and warm. Place crab meat in the butter to poach for 3 minutes.
- Once muffins are toasted drizzle with some of the melted crab butter. Serve crab stacked on top of a toasted English muffin with a poached egg, freshly cracked black pepper and a drizzle of jalapeno hollandaise. Garnish with hot sauce.
- For the Eggs: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add white vinegar. Reduce to a light simmer. Line a plate with paper towels. Crack one egg at a time into a bowl and slide into the water. Do not over crowd the pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and remove to the prepared plate with a slotted spoon.
- For the Jalapeno Hollandaise: In a bowl over a double boiler, whisk the egg yolks, hot sauce, jalapeno, pickled jalapeno and lime juice for 4 to 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. Once the mixture is ribbony and can coat the back of a spoon, drizzle in the melted crab butter, whisking continuously. Stir in some chopped cilantro and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Lobster & Crab Eggs Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Poached Eggs Holidays & Occasions Easter
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami