It's so good you won't want to share!
Mario Batali's Korean-Style Short Rib Sandwich
- 1 1/2- pound short ribs (bone out and sliced thin)
- 6 Kaiser rolls
For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions (including white part)
- 6 cloves garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon ginger (finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 jar kimchi
- 1/2 daikon (sliced into thin rounds)
For the Pickles:
- 1 cucumber (sliced into thin rounds)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (optional)
- For the Marinade: In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the short rib and let marinate until ready to grill.
- For the Pickles: Combine all the ingredients together for the pickles and let marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Using a hot grill, cook short ribs for 1-2 minutes per side.
- To Top: Serve short ribs on a kaiser roll with kimchi, cucumbers and daikon radishes.