Garlic-Soy Chicken Wings
Michael Symon's Korean Style Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds Chicken Wings (split with tips attached)
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- Vegetable Oil for frying
For the Sauce:
- 4 Garlic cloves (smashed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Ginger (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Korean Chile Paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- Heat oil to 360 degrees F in a dutch oven.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch and water in a large bowl. Working in batches, add the chicken to the flour mixture and toss to coat. Fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until dark golden and crispy.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Once oil is blotted off transfer to the large bowl of sauce and toss to coat. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- For the Sauce: Combine the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.