Change up your burger routine with these juicy lamb burgers topped with a refreshing salad.
Lamb Burger with Arugula, Feta, and Cucumbers
- 2 pounds lamb (ground,ask your butcher for a mix of two-thirds shoulder and one-third belly)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed (toasted and ground)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 English cucumber (thinly sliced into coins)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 6 hamburger buns (split and toasted)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat griddle over medium-high.
- Form meat into 6 balls, making sure not to compress. Season the outside with coriander, salt and pepper. Place the balls on the griddle and press down with a large ramekin or similar size surface to create thin patties.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until crispy.
- Toast buns lightly on the griddle. Place cooked patty on a toasted bun. Top with sliced cucumber, feta, arugula and fresh mint.