Spicy Lamb Burgers
Carla Hall's Lamb Burgers
- Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves(minced)
- 1/2 cup finely diced Yellow Onion
- 1/4 cup Green Chilies (finely diced; canned)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 pounds coarsely ground Lamb
- 1 tablespoon Green Chile Hot Sauce
- English Muffins to serve
- Za'atar to sprinkle
- 1 Cucumber (thinly sliced; to garnish)
- Mint Dijonaise (to garnish)
- crumbled Feta (to garnish)
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add a few tablespoons olive oil and saute onions until soft. Add the green chilies, garlic, salt, black pepper, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon. Transfer to bowl.
- Allow to cool slightly then add lamb and green chile sauce. Loosely shape into patties. Preheat a sauté pan or griddle over medium heat. Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drizzle english muffins with olive oil and toast until crisp. Remove and sprinkle with za'atar.
- Serve with crumbled feta, sliced cucumbers and minted dijonnaise.