Don't be fooled by the size, this dish packs a lot of flavor. It's size makes it perfect for a cocktail party or as an appetizer for a dinner party.
- step-by-step directions
- 72 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups zucchini (finely chopped)
- 2 cups yellow squash (finely chopped)
- 1 cup button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part-skim)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 cups marinara sauce plus 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon basil (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Sauté garlic and onions in the olive oil. Add zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and two tablespoons of basil. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, roughly 5 minutes. Add sauce and stir to combine.
- Trim corners of won ton wrappers so that they fit conformably in the mini muffin tin.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non fat cooking spray. Layer won ton wrapper, cheeses, sauce/vegetable mixture.
- From bottom to top, each "cupcake" should be layered as follows: wonton wrapper/ricotta/mozzarella/parmesan/sauce and vegetable mixture/wonton wrapper/ricotta/mozzarella/parmesan/sauce and vegetable mixture/wonton wrapper/sauce and vegetable mixture/mozzarella/parmesan/dollop of extra sauce
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly, let cool a bit, garnish with remaining basil and serve.
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie
Turkey Pot Pie
Crispy and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Simple Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad