Prepared pie crust is the base of this savory tart filled with nutty Gruyere cheese and fresh leeks.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 prepared Pie Crust
- Olive Oil
- 1 pound New Potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 large Leek
- 2 springs Thyme (leaves pulled)
- 6 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 4 ounces Gruyere Cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a tart pan with the prepared pie crust and set on a baking sheet. Line with a piece of parchment and top with baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully remove beans and parchment. Set aside to cool.
- Put potatoes in a medium sauce pot and cover by 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil, add the leeks and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until translucent and crisp in parts. Add the thyme and cook until fragrant. Remove with a slotted spoon to the paper towel lined plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes and leeks along with the grated cheese. Pour into the cooled tart shell and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until eggs are set in the center and the crust is golden. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
rate this recipe
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Orange Beer Spritz
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Toasted Almond Bons