There's nothing boring about this leftover dish. Try it for yourself today.
Leftover Noodle Pancake with Fall Fruit Slaw
- For the Noodle Pancake:
- 1 pound Pad Thai Noodle (Fettucini Style)
- 4 Eggs
- 4-5 scallions (chopped)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for frying)
- 3 " ginger (julienned)
- 1 red finger chili (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- For the Spicy Fruit Slaw:
- 2 Nectarines (julienned)
- 2 Apples (julienned)
- 2 tablespoons Almonds (chopped and toasted)
- 1 serrano chili
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Serrano Chile (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 jarred cherry peppers (chopped)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup basil (chiffonade)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- For the Noodle Pancake: In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add onion to saute. Season with salt.
- Whisk eggs gently in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta to eggs along with sauteed onion and breadcrumbs. Toss the rest of the components listed under 'noodle pancake' and combine. Add contents of bowl to the large skillet to cook over medium high heat. Cook until golden and crispy on first side and then place in a 350F oven for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and flip to brown other side, about another 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- For the Spicy Fruit Slaw: Meanwhile, thinly slice nectarines, apples and serrano chile and place into a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss with vinegar and soy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate noodle pancake on a large platter and top with fruit slaw.