Reinvent last night's leftover chicken by serving it in tonight's chicken soup.
Leftover Thai Chicken Soup
- For the Broth:
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 inches Fresh Ginger (thinly sliced)
- 1 stalk Lemongrass; light part (bruised and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 Green Chilies (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- To Finish:
- Leftover Grilled Chicken Breasts (shredded)
- Rice Noodles (cooked to package instructions)
- Scallions (sliced)
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro Leaves
- Sriracha (to garnish; optional)
- Make the broth by combining the chicken broth, ginger, lemon grass, and chilies in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 to15 minutes, or until flavors come together. Season with dark soy sauce, then check the seasoning.
- Combine chicken, noodles, and scallions into serving bowls and top with the broth. Garnish with lime wedges, cilantro and sriracha to serve.