Turkey Soup with Kale, Egg Noodles and Carrots
Clinton Kelly's Leftover Turkey Soup
- Leftover Cooked Turkey Bones
- 2 Carrots (small rough chop)
- 1 Yellow Onion (small chop)
- 1/2 bunch Kale
- 1 package Egg Noodles
- 1 Baguette (thinly sliced on bias)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Leftover Shredded Turkey
- Place turkey bones in stock pot and cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, cooking for 2 to 3 hours. Season with salt to taste. Remove bones and strain mixture through cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve.
- Preheat oven to broil. In a large saute pan, heat a few tablespoons of oil and saute carrots, onion and kale for 2 to 3 minutes. Vegetables should not be overly soft. Season to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Cook egg noodles two minutes short of the package instructions. Drain.
- Place sliced bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan. Broil for 2 minutes just until cheese has melted slightly.
- Divide the vegetable mixture and noodles between 4 bowls. Top with shredded turkey. Ladle turkey stock into bowl and top with crostini and freshly grated parmigiano.