Carla Hall's Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies
- 1 pound Unsalted Butter; room temperature
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 4 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Pistachios; ground OR 1 cup Walnuts; ground
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 2 teaspoons Orange Zest
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 3 Lemons; zested
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the Butter and Sugar until fluffy.
- Add the Vanilla, Lemon Juice, and Salt and beat until combined.
- Add the Flour and mix until almost fully combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Ground Nuts, Zests, Cardamom and Salt until combined. Add the mix into the Butter mixture and blend until evenly distributed.
- Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, portion out dough and roll into balls. The size or your cookie depends on the cupcake liner that you will present them in. Place the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes trying to avoid brown spots but making sure the top is just firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, place the Lemon Sugar in rimmed baking dish or pie plate.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool slightly. The cookie should still be warm when rolling in the Lemon Sugar.
- Roll the cookies to coat completely in the flavored sugar and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Reserve the remaining Lemon Sugar.
- When ready to serve or package roll them again in the Lemon Sugar to heavily coat.