Weight Watchers Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table Salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 12 ounces uncooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast(s) (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup (s) Fat-Free Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth (divided)
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 2 1/2 cup (s) uncooked Broccoli (small florets)
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parsley (fresh; chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon juice
- On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
- In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.