This dish is so easy to make it will quickly become a weekly staple in your home. Oh, and did we mention it's delicious also.
Lemon Chicken with Fried Potatoes
- 1 3- pound Chicken (halved)
- 1/4 bunch Parsley (leaves only)
- 2 cups Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Oregano (leaves only - chopped)
- 4 Potatoes (scrubbed and sliced into 1/2-inch thick disks)
- Vegetable Oil (to fry)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken, skin side down. Flip the chicken over, then pour the remaining marinade into the pan and immediately transfer to the hot oven. Roast until chicken finishes cooking through, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat 1/2-inch of vegetable oil in a cast iron pan. Arrange the potatoes in the pan and fry until crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate, and season with salt and pepper while still hot.
- Carve the chicken into 8 pieces, and serve with the potatoes, spooning pan sauce over the chicken to serve. Garnish to taste with parsley.
Similar categories: Dinner