This fresh roasted chicken is great for a family meal. It comes together quickly and is a huge hit with even picky eaters.
- step-by-step directions
- 3 pound Organic chicken
- 1 Large lemon
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Melted butter plus more to grease
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn plus more to season
- 1 tablespoon salt plus more to season
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 scallion
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly grease a roasting pan and place a wire rack in the base of the pan.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken and discard the neck. Rinse the chicken (including the cavity) under cold running water and pat dry with paper towel. Season the cavity with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine black peppercorn, salt, fennel seeds, and lemon zest in a coffee grinder and grind into a rub.
- Using a fork or metal skewer, prick the lemon all over and place inside the chicken cavity along with the scallion. Combine the oil and butter and rub all over the outside of the chicken. Next rub the chicken with the peppercorn and fennel rub. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes - 1 hour, or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife. Remove from the oven and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Black Bean Dip with Spiced Pita Chips
Roasted Pickled Pepper Hero
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes