This fresh roasted chicken is great for a family meal. It comes together quickly and is a huge hit with even picky eaters.
- step-by-step directions
- 3 pound Organic chicken
- 1 Large lemon
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Melted butter plus more to grease
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn plus more to season
- 1 tablespoon salt plus more to season
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 scallion
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly grease a roasting pan and place a wire rack in the base of the pan.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken and discard the neck. Rinse the chicken (including the cavity) under cold running water and pat dry with paper towel. Season the cavity with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine black peppercorn, salt, fennel seeds, and lemon zest in a coffee grinder and grind into a rub.
- Using a fork or metal skewer, prick the lemon all over and place inside the chicken cavity along with the scallion. Combine the oil and butter and rub all over the outside of the chicken. Next rub the chicken with the peppercorn and fennel rub. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes - 1 hour, or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife. Remove from the oven and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad