A '50s style cake with a modern twist!
Carla Hall's Lemon-Ginger Icebox Cake
- 1 box Ginger Snaps
- 2 8 ounce containers Marscarpone
- 1 12 ounce Lemon Curd
- 2 cup Heavy Cream
- Zest of 2 Lemons (separated)
- 5 tablespoon Sugar (separated)
- 2 tablespoon Candied Ginger
- Whip the heavy cream along with 3 tablespoons sugar until it holds peaks.
- Gently fold together the marscarpone and whipped cream.
- Split the marscarpone and whipped cream mixture in half. In one half, fold in lemon curd, in the other half, fold in 1 lemon's zest.
- Layer the cookies and alternate between the lemon curd mixture and the lemon zest mixture.
- In a food processor, pulse together the remaining sugar, lemon zest, and candied ginger. Sprinkle over the cake. Refrigerate until set.