Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas, Peas, and Almonds
Daphne Oz's Lemon Herb and Feta Salad
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 15 .5-ounce can Chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup English Peas
- 1/3 cup Almonds (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh Mint (leaves torn)
- 1/2 bunch freshly Parsley (leaves torn)
- 1/4 cup freshly Dill fronds
- 2 Lemons (zest and juice)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Crumbled Feta for garnish
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add the quinoa. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the quinoa's sprout has spiraled out and grain is tender.
- Combine the quinoa with the peas, almonds amd mint, parsley, dill and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Dress the salad by drizzling with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve with crumbled feta on top. This salad can be made ahead and served chilled.