These grain-like seeds will easily take on the flavors of the surrounding components. Let the salad fully marinate in the dressing for maximum flavor.
Lemon, Herb and Feta Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 cup water
- 2 15 .5 ounce cans chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup english peas
- 1/3 cup almonds (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint (leaves torn)
- 1/2 bunch freshly parsley (leaves torn)
- 1/4 cup freshly dill fronds
- 2 lemons (zest & juice)
- olive oil
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- crumbled feta for garnish
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add the quinoa. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the quinoa's sprout has spiraled out and grain is tender.
- Combine the quinoa with the chickpeas, almonds & mint, parsley, dill and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Dress the salad by drizzling with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve with crumbled feta on top.
- This salad can be made ahead and served chilled.
- You can tear the fresh herbs with your hands; don’t worry about chopping them neatly!