This moist and tasty dessert dish is so good we dare you to have just one piece.
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs (Separated)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- For the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until fluffy then add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and then milk to dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold in the beaten egg whites and spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- To serve cut slices of cake and brush with lavender simple syrup and top with fresh strawberries.
- For Simple Syrup: Steep lavender in 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water until all of the sugar dissolves. Strain out lavender and allow syrup to cool. Store in refrigerator.