Lemon Pound Cake
This moist and tasty dessert dish is so good we dare you to have just one piece.
- step-by-step directions
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs (Separated)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- For the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until fluffy then add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and then milk to dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold in the beaten egg whites and spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- To serve cut slices of cake and brush with lavender simple syrup and top with fresh strawberries.
- For Simple Syrup: Steep lavender in 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water until all of the sugar dissolves. Strain out lavender and allow syrup to cool. Store in refrigerator.
rate this recipe
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese