This salad is great on its own for lunch or as part of a bigger meal.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch chives (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (pressed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- red pepper (diced - optional)
- celery (diced - optional)
- carrot (diced - optional)
- shitake mushrooms
- Boil the lentils and water in your rice cooker, until water is boiled off and lentils are tender but not mushy. Add remaining ingredients, making sure to add 1/2 of each recommended amount and then taste so you get a lentil salad you will like.
- Grill mushrooms on grilling machine. Serve with lentil salad.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Black Bean Dip with Spiced Pita Chips
Roasted Pickled Pepper Hero
Shoestring Fries with Garlic and Rosemary
Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Milkshake
Latin Turkey Burger with Raclette Cheese
Cream Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Buns
Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches, Bacon & Blue Cheese
Cracklin' Mozzarella Sticks with Tomato Basil Salad