This salad is great on its own for lunch or as part of a bigger meal.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch chives (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (pressed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- red pepper (diced - optional)
- celery (diced - optional)
- carrot (diced - optional)
- shitake mushrooms
- Boil the lentils and water in your rice cooker, until water is boiled off and lentils are tender but not mushy. Add remaining ingredients, making sure to add 1/2 of each recommended amount and then taste so you get a lentil salad you will like.
- Grill mushrooms on grilling machine. Serve with lentil salad.