This salad is great on its own for lunch or as part of a bigger meal.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch chives (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (pressed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- red pepper (diced - optional)
- celery (diced - optional)
- carrot (diced - optional)
- shitake mushrooms
- Boil the lentils and water in your rice cooker, until water is boiled off and lentils are tender but not mushy. Add remaining ingredients, making sure to add 1/2 of each recommended amount and then taste so you get a lentil salad you will like.
- Grill mushrooms on grilling machine. Serve with lentil salad.
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella