So good you'll forget that it's good for you.
Michael Symon's Lime and Jalapeno Chicken Skewers with Guacamole
- 8 boneless (skinless chicken thighs)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil (for grilling)
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Lime juice
- 2 jalapenos (sliced thinly)
- 24 skewers
For the Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 jalapeno (seeded and finely minced)
- 1/3 cup red onion (minced)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- For the Chicken Marinade: Mix all marinade ingredients. Place chicken in a re-sealable plastic bag and cover with the marinade. Seal bag and place in fridge. Let marinate for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- Soak skewers in warm water for at least 15 minutes.
- Take chicken out of bag and discard used marinade. Pat chicken dry. Slice chicken into long strips, about 2-3 per thigh. Thread chicken onto the skewers, one piece per skewer.
- Place grill pan over medium-high heat until smoking hot. Brush grill with vegetable oil and then lay chicken on grill in even layer, not overlapping. Turn heat down if the grill smokes too much. Cook skewers 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove skewers from heat once thoroughly cooked through.
- For the Guacamole: Meanwhile make the guacamole. Scoop out the fruit of the avocados and put in a small mixing bowl. Coarsely mash with the remaining guacamole ingredients until desired consistency. Adjust seasoning with more lime juice and salt if necessary.
- Serve the skewers along side the guacamole.