This dish is great for a celebration or just a daily dinner. See for yourself.
Linguine with Clams and Pancetta
- 1 pound Linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- red onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound cockles (scrubbed)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flake
- 2 serrano chile (thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces pancetta (diced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- In a large pot over medium high heat, bring water to a rolling boil. Season generously with salt.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, render the pancetta crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the red onion and serranos, and after 1-2 minutes, add garlic. Add additional olive oil if necessary. Sauté until just golden, about 30 seconds. Add clams and red pepper flakes and saute 1 minute. Add wine and cook uncovered, just until clams open, 4-5 minutes.
- Add linguine to boiling water and cook to 1 minute short of al dente according to package directions.
- Reserve ½ cup of cooking water, then drain linguine and add to pan. Cook over high heat, tossing occasionally, until linguine is just tender, about 1 minute. If necessary, add some reserved cooking water to loosen sauce. Remove from heat. Add parsley, tossing to coat. Transfer to dish and serve immediately.