Wagon Wheel Pasta with Carrots, Broccoli, Tomatoes, and Edamame
Jamie Deen's Loaded Veggie Pasta Salad
- 3/4 pound Wagon Wheel Pasta
- 1 cup frozen Edamame (out of the pods)
- 2 Carrots (scrubbed well and sliced into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 1 12- ounce Broccoli Crown (cut into bite-size florets)
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water. Set a timer and cook the pasta for 3 minutes less than it recommends on the back of the package. When the timer goes off, add the edamame and carrots and cook for 2 minutes longer. Next add the broccoli, and continue boiling for 1 minute more. Drain the pasta and veggies in a colander in the sink. Rinse it really well under cold water to stop the cooking process. Make sure you drain off all the liquid so you don’t water down your salad. Add the pasta mixture to the large bowl along with the shredded cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, and salt and pepper to a jam jar and shake it up until it’s all mixed up.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, toss well, and serve.