Quesadillas with Jalapeno-Lime Salsa
Max Morgan's Lobster and Crab Quesadillas
- For the Jalapeno Lime Salsa and Guacamole:
- 4 Limes (juiced)
- 1 Red onion (finely diced)
- 4 Medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Jalapenos (finely diced)
- 1 Garlic clove (diced)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 ripe Haas Avocados (diced)
For the Lobster and Crab Meat Quesadillas:
- 1/2 pound Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 pound cooked fresh Lobster Meat (tail and claw meat; chopped)
- 5 12- inch Flour Tortillas
- 1/3 pound Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/3 pound Monetary Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1/3 pound Gruyere Cheese (shredded)
- Green Onion (sliced, for garnish)
- Clarified Butter
- For the Jalapeno Lime Salsa and Guacamole: In a large mixing bowl, combine lime juice, onion, tomato, jalapenos, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. Divide mixture into two bowls. Add the diced avocado to one of the bowls and mix together until slightly creamy but with some chunks.
- For the Lobster and Crab Meat Quesadillas: Brush one side of each tortilla with clarified butter. Divide the cheeses, lobster and crab meat evenly on half of the unbuttered side of each tortilla. Add five or six small dollops of salsa to each and fold tortillas in half.
- Heat grill to medium. Place tortillas on grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and tortilla is browned.
- Cut quesadillas into sections of 3 or 4. Top with fresh guacamole, garnish with sliced green onion and serve hot!