It doesn't matter where you live you can still get a taste of New England with this dish!
Lobster Rolls & Shoestring Fries
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 4 lobsters (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch chives (finely chopped, plus more to garnish)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 top sliced hot dog buns
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 Russet potatoes (peeled)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- For the Lobster Rolls: Fill a large pot with water and season it generously with salt. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the water and drop them into the pot along with the peppercorns and parsley. Bring the water to a boil and drop the lobsters in. Cover and cook for 11 minutes. Remove the lobsters to a cutting board and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the lobster meat from the claws, knuckles and tails. Discard the shells. Roughly chop the meat into large chunks.
- Add the lobster meat to a large mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, chives and the juice of half a lemon, and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle over medium heat. Brush the sides and the tops of the rolls with melted butter. Place the rolls on the griddle and toast until golden brown on all sides and on top. Remove toasted buns to a clean work surface and fill with the lobster mixture. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped chives on top. Serve lobster rolls with a side of shoestring fries.
- For the Shoestring Fries: Fill a Dutch with a few inches of vegetable oil. Preheat oil to 360ºF.
- Using the julienne attachment on a mandolin, cut the potatoes into long match sticks. Keep the prepared raw potatoes in cold water while working. Before frying, dry the potatoes well. Working in batches, fry the potatoes until golden brown. Using a large spider, remove fries to a paper towel-lined plate. Immediately season with salt.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Lobster & Crab Courses & Meals Dinner Lunch Dinner Lunch