Carla Hall's M&M'S Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 3/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter (room temperature; plus more for greasing)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate M&M'S (plus more to garnish)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 12 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 4 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first four ingredients. Beat in the butter until fully incorporated.
- In another bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Pour the liquid into the dry mix and stir to combine, making sure not to over work the batter. Fold in M&M'S. Divide mixture between the muffin tins bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cake is golden brown. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely. Decorate top of cupcakes with frosting and garnish with M&M'S.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add the confectioner's sugar and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the maple syrup and salt until combined.