Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf
Michael Symon's M&M'S?? Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Clove
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate M&M'S® (plus more for garnish)
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray then pressing a piece of parchment paper in to the bottom. Spray the parchment.
- Sift together the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg and butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in 1/2 cup of M&M'S® then pour in to your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Add an additional 1 minute if center is too soft. Remove from oven and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and take off parchment. Allow to sit until fully cooled at room temperature. Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with Milk Chocolate M&M'S®.