Michael has served this dish at his restaurant Lola for years, but now you can make it at home. With just a few minutes worth of work you can indulge in this decadent take on a classic American dish.
Mac and Cheese with Roasted Chicken
- Kosher Salt
- 1 pound Dried Rigatoni
- 1 quart (4 cup) Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 8 ounce Fresh Goat Cheese (1 cup)
- 2 cup Shredded Roasted Chicken
- Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add enough salt so that it tastes seasoned.
- While the water is coming to a boil, put the cream, rosemary, and a pinch salt and pepper in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring just to a simmer, then lower the heat to medium and and simmer to reduce the mixture by half.
- Add the chicken to the cream and bring the mixture back to a simmer. Continue cooking until it coats the back of a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Add the rigatoni to the boiling water and cook it until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta from the water and add to the sauce.
- Add goat cheese to pot. Toss the pasta to combine it with the sauce and bring it back to just a simmer. Adjust seasoning to taste.